Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Week 12: Officially Quarantined


Connor and Elder Williamson

Well, we're officially in Quentin Quarantino!

We teach over the phone, we meet over Facebook, and we visit over Zoom. What a unique time!

We get lots of time, and an hour+ everyday, to go outside. We go to parks, lakes, grassy fields, and hikes. We throw paper airplanes on windy days and take our shoes off on warm days. Nature is a centering and rejuvenating force.



We are teaching some really great people right now! We're teaching a young family, a sweet older lady, and a man with lots of questions. All over the phone! It's definitely not what I thought I'd be doing six months ago. But I'm learning a lot and gaining lots of insight and perspective of what we can really do with technology.

Unfortunately, we've had about a dozen missionaries from our mission go home for health reasons. We are all very sad for them and pray for them a lot. I've had many friends around the world head home - some temporarily and some for good, for health and safety reasons. I feel blessed that I am able to stay here in Washington. I'm so grateful that I have been called to the work at this incredible time. The fact that I get to stay is a privilege and it makes me want to serve twice as hard as before!

I'm so excited for General Conference! The opportunity to hear from God's chosen servants is always something to look forward to but especially at this time of chaos and turmoil, I feel extra anxious to hear what they have to say to us.

Hugs and love,
Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment